Squigly-doo

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Simple Joys in Life with my Husband

Yesterday I got off work two hours early and surprised Spence at work. He was happy to see me because he was going to walk home. We took a lovely nap on the couch and ate a delicious lunch. It started raining and we just felt like doing something out on the town.

We got in our car and the first stop was to Subway to get fresh hot chocolate chip cookies. Three for a dollar! Then we took a drive around town in the rain. We love just taking drives and talking about life. The conversation was centered around our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and how it has been in the news lately stated by several that we aren't Christian. We talked about how a lot of people still don't know a lot about our church and we wished people could truly see that we are followers of Christ and we pattern our lives after Christ. It was a great conversation.

Then we headed to the dollar theater to catch the showing of Harry Potter 7. We saw this last Harry Potter movie at the midnight showing but hadn't seen it since. For some reason the cash register wasn't taking any cards and they asked if we had cash. Well, lucky us we didn't but said we would run to the Wells Fargo down the street. It was raining cats and dogs outside though. So we RAN AS FAST AS WE COULD. Spence pulled me along WAY faster than I would have normally run. We dodged raindrops, cars and people and made it back to the theater in a jiffy.

As we were watching the movie I realized that I must have fallen asleep for about 20 minutes during the midnight showing and I had missed the whole explanation about practically the whole series! I turned to Spence and I said, "Now I get it!" (Yes, its true, I stopped reading the books during book 5). No wonder I was confused at the end of the movie last time. I was glad we saw it a second time.

It was a great date out on the town with my wonderful husband. Although it wasn't anything big, it was so much fun. I loved taking a drive, I loved running in the rain, I loved the great conversation, I loved holding hands during the movie. It was so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be dodgin' raindrops! I'll be dodgin' raindrops! I'll be dodgin' raindrops all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm most definite that I started singing that in my head when I wrote that haha!

    ReplyDelete