Squigly-doo

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Schools back in session!

The senior year of my college career started a week and a half ago and this is how I feel about it............

..............AHHHHHHHH!............

Wow, I am gonna be BUSY this semester!

Here's the line up folks:

Health Communications
Kinesiology
Family Studies (for my minor)
Health and Fitness Appraisal and Prescription
Health Promotion Methods
Old Testament

The classes I am fearful of:

Kinesiology: That class people put off because they are dreading to take it. Yup, that's exactly what I did. For all of you who are wondering what the heck Kinesiology is, it's basically the study of movement in the body. So, it is SUPER interesting, but very complicated and requires a TON of studying. Most people struggle to pass with a C-. Oh boy!

Health and Fitness Appraisal and Prescription: I have to learn all the different health and fitness screening tests, pass them off and volunteer at our school's fitness wellness center once a week testing students. You wanna know the one I'm most afraid of? The upper body strength test. Ya that's right, I have to take the students down to the gym and see where they max out on the bench press. So picture this: A big muscular guy comes in needing to go through the fitness screenings. I go through the skin fold test no problem, I go through the resting heart rate and blood pressure tests no problem, I go through the max heart rate running test no problem, the push up and sit up tests...no big deal. Then it comes to the upper body strength test...I take him down to the gym, ask him what he thinks his max weight is. I put the weights on the bench press then say ok, I'm going to spot you...YA RIGHT! How is my little body suppose to spot this big guy when he can max out at 170???? So I tell him to wait there while I find a kind enough guy to stop his workout to help me out spotting my responsibility. Oh boy, it's gonna be great!
On top of working at the wellness center I'm required to have a client to take through an 8 week personal health and fitness program. I'm not afraid of how hard this class is going to be, I am just afraid at all the hours it requires outside of class. At least I will get in shape along with my client.

I better buckle in and hang on for the ride this semester! 

Classes that await me for next semester:

Epidemiology
Exercise Physiology
Health Research Methods
Nutrition in the Life Cycle
Health Behavior Theories

I can't wait to graduate! I'm ready to conquer these tough senior classes!




No comments:

Post a Comment