Squigly-doo

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back in the day




I was looking through pictures on the computer and found some of Spence and I as little kids. Isn't fun to think back to when you were a kid and how simple life was. 

We loved going to school and the smallest things were the biggest deal to us. Take pencil boxes for instance. Do you remember "organizing" your pencil box practically every hour of school? I sure do. We would all run outside and try to get to the Four Square spot the fastest. We would walk home from school eat a snack and then do homework for about an hour then have free time to play outside or read a book. Once school was out for the year, we didn't have to find jobs or do summer HW. We were free! We would sell lemonade on the corner. We would play capture the flag at night. We had wild imaginations and trusted everyone and everything. We never doubted Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny (until we were older). We thought knock-knock jokes were the greatest thing ever, and you were cool if you could do patti-cake routines super fast. We played with yo-yo's and hacky sacs. We had scraps on our knees and grass stains on our jeans. We never had to worry about make-up or doing our hair. Life was good! 

Why can't we all be as carefree as kids? Why do we have to worry about so much now? Oh ya, because we're adults and we have responsibilities.

But as much as I loved being a kid and love remembering all the fun things I did growing up. I'm glad to be an adult; married, getting my BS degree and working. I have accomplished so much in my life and there's so much more ahead of me.

And besides, even though we're responsible adults now, there's always time to have a little kid fun from time to time. While at Walmart today, Spence and I bought a huge bottle of bubbles for 50 cents and enjoyed blowing the biggest bubbles outside in the sunshine. Simple pleasures in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment