Squigly-doo

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Midnight Hunting

Yesterday morning I woke up and hopped in the shower. As I pulled over the shower curtain, a HUGE wolf spider fell down into the bottom of the bathtub right next to my feet. I screamed. I did. And I jumped right back out of the shower. I was very disturbed, and after Spence was brave enough to dispose of it (down the drain) I had to use all my courage to continue with my shower.

This summer, we have found several LARGE spiders in our little apartment. But that's not all we've found. Yesterday alone we found three GIANT spiders, two big black beetles and several flies. What is going on? Do these critters feel it necessary to pick our home as their home? I do not like it!

So, after finding our second large spider of the day around midnight, we decided it was vitally important to go on a spider hunt so we could sleep soundly all night. So after much deliberation, Spence agreed to do the hunting after putting on long sleeves and shoes...don't forget the gloves. And the handy dandy flashlight.

So, the hunt was on. We found one spider, a beetle, and a few dead flies laying around.

We looked high and low, in and out, all around our apartment until we felt the coast was clear of spiders. We told ourselves that what we didn't know won't hurt us, so we went to bed.

That night I had nightmares about spiders. I woke up several times during the night thinking I could see a giant spider on the ceiling or felt one on my leg. It was a long night.


Now, some of you might say, "Come on guys, it's just a few little bugs." No, no. We're talking Wolf spiders bigger than quarters! With thick legs that can move SO fast. YIKES!

See what I mean!

4 comments:

  1. Haha... be glad you don't live on the east coast. We had the grossest bugs, cockroaches, and mice all the time. And there were these things that looked like a centipede but they were brown and white with feathery legs and they looked like they were floating on the walls... oh and they were 2 to 3 inches long!! I still have nightmares about those nasty suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://wiki.bugwood.org/HPIPM:House_Centipede

    I found a picture of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I got the chills just reading about that bug! I'm nervous to look at the picture of it haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, your blog is so cute. You guys look great. Happy 1 year anniversary. Second, I hate wolf spiders and had one crawl on my desk when I worked for an engineering firm. They are gross. Plus, when you smash them, it takes an entire roll of paper towels to clean up the guts. Good luck with those. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete