Squigly-doo

Monday, August 15, 2011

Free throws...30% accuracy


When Spence and I were dating we had a bonfire with some friends and then ended the night with a friendly game of Knock Out Basketball. Let's just say, it wasn't my proudest moment ever. I actually was pretty horrible!

In fact, all my life I've been pretty decent at most sports, EXCEPT basketball. My height might have something to do with it, but it's just really sad. I remember playing in Jr. High trying my hardest to make a basket with my granny shots. Then I would get talked into going to church ball with the girls at church and totally humiliate myself. I was constantly being called out for traveling or double dribbling. The sad part is, I didn't know you weren't allowed to double dribble until recently (pathetic, I know), so I never understood why I was being punished in church ball because I had no clue what I was doing wrong! ugh.

So, once we got married, Spence was determined to work on my basketball shot. As of right now, my free throw shot is still at 30%, but I am no longer shooting it completely incorrectly. We've been going to play basketball at the gym almost every day since we've been out of school. I have to admit its been really fun. And the best news is that I won PIG tonight! Don't tell Spence I'm telling you. After a fun game of PIG Spence decided it was time to work on my stance. I usually thrust the ball forward with a girly kick behind with one leg. Not so tough looking I know. So I am now making shots with my legs staying close together.

HAHA...oh boy its been fun trying to get me to not completely embarrass myself or Spence when playing basketball. Who knows, maybe I'll become so good that I'll go back to church ball and show them what I'm made of!

No comments:

Post a Comment